To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our residents' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

Frequently Asked Questions


What are City Hall office hours?

City Hall office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Where is the canister site and when is it open?

The Littlefork canister site is located South of Littlefork.  From Littlefork, head South on Highway 71. Turn left on CR77 and left on UT251.  Go to the end of the road.  Open Wednesdays and Fridays from Noon to 5:00 p.m. and Saturdays 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (See Map to canister site under Relevant documents at the top of this page)

Yard waste (excluding trash), grass, leaves and garden waste are accepted free of charge.  Coupons are needed for all other items.

Dump tickets may be purchased at Mel's Corner Service.

Recycle bins are located behind the Koochiching County garage and are accessible through the alley between Front Street and Main Street.  Items accepted include paper, aluminum cans and plastic bottles.

Demolition debris, tires, appliances, used oil and oil filters, and vehicle batteries must be disposed of at the International Falls, Big Falls or Mizpah sites.  For more information, contact Koochiching County Environmental Services Department at (218) 283-1157.

Koochiching County Recycling and Canister Site Information


Koochiching County Environmental Services Department

Do I need a permit for a recreational fire?

Campfires do not require a permit, but must be contained and no larger than 3 feet high and 3 feet wide.  For questions regarding fires requiring a permit, please contact MN Department of Natural Resources - Littlefork Area Forestry at 218-888-9051.

What is the Littlefork Post Office number?

(218) 278-6630    Deb Eilers is the postmaster.

When is the Ambulance Thrift Store open?

The Littlefork Ambulance Thrift Store is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and the first Saturday of each month from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Items for donation may be dropped off during those times.

Who are the local garbage carriers?

Local garbage carriers are:

Northern Disposal LLC - Contact Zach Dahlen at 218-417-0858 or Kelly Dahlen at 218-240-5017

Northern Disposal Facebook Page

Friends Garbage Service - 218-283-3458

Friend's Garbage Website


Who do I contact for Oakley Cemetery information?

Cemetery Association Secretary/Treasurer:  Rhonda Wimmer 218-324-1649 or 218-278-4617

Where do I get a senior citizen meal card?

Senior meal cards are available through Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency

International Falls:  218-283-3477

Virginia:  1-800-662-5711

Senior meals are offered at Jackpine Family Diner weekdays